Bluehost Review – Confuse about hosting selection? Then read our Complete Bluehost Review with all honest Pros & Cons, Speed, Performance, and Offers.
Web Hosting is a service that permits the associations and people to post a site or web page on the Internet. Their PC will then connect to your server, and your WebPages will be delivered to them through the browser or program. Most hosting companies/organizations require that you own your domain so as to host with them.
What is Bluehost – Bluehost is a vast web host known for its WordPress expertise, variety of “one-stop-shop” services, and bargain prices. It was established in 2003 by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth in Utah and has become one of the world’s biggest providers of most reliable, trustworthy and cheap web hosting. It offers a range of items and services to assist you with beginning with your website or online shop from the shared and WordPress hosting to website builder tools. They have a special focus on meeting the computerized or digital marketing and training needs of small businesses, and it has engineers who work on the WordPress core programming itself.
Features of Bluehost Hosting
- Bluehost value-priced hosting packages come along with unmetered bandwidth, free CDN, and SSL certificates and free daily, weekly, and monthly backups on a ground-breaking and demonstrated stage that is worked to scale and upgraded for speed and security. Their least expensive hosting plan is $2.75/mo.
- Powering more than 2 million sites around the world, Bluehost is a perceived brand name in bargain web hosting. By doing a huge volume of business, they’re ready to offer steep price discounts.
- In addition, to provide a full range of web hosting services, Bluehost offers you marketing training, SEO services, social media marketing, content creation, graphic design services, email, domain names, and local business references to grow traffic.
- Bluehost caters to everyone from starting bloggers to set up online business/e-commerce and more.
What Makes Bluehost Stand Out?
There are plenty of bargain hosts that make Bluehost stand out. This company will provide nearly every web hosting service that you could probably need including advanced hosting like VPS, dedicated server, and managed WordPress hosting.
Is Bluehost a reliable hosting for WordPress? The Managed part implies that they handle the technical details like keeping those annoying WordPress modules updated for you, refreshing the core, taking care of security, and optimizing performance.
Best results for Small Businesses
Digital marketing services can easily cost five figures for every project. There’s a lot of false and obsolete data on the web about marketing strategies you should utilize. Add to blend the various sales that small business owners receive and the outcome can be a disappointment and lack of progress.
How much resource does Bluehost offer?
The good news for you is that some critical digital marketing services can be commoditized and delivered at deal costs. That is a core part of Bluehost’s strategy.
Some of their services:-
- Websites: You can use their simple DIY website developer to make your own, or you can get their plan masters to build a webpage for you.
- SEO, advertising, social media marketing, and local business visibility: Bluehost provides professional marketing services, includes creating content for your website. You can get monthly consultations with a marketing expert. And what’s more, they also measure the progress so you can see your ROI.
- Domains, email, and helpful tutorials: Including how-tos on website management, hosting, and advertising points.
Moreover, Bluehost boasts of superb uptime, a clean, intuitive control panel (called cPanel) that permits you to create attractive and interesting functional pages for your business.
In this way, if you have a business website, or need one, Bluehost is a reliable web host that is worth checking out. Discover what’s in store from this web hosting provider by reading the following Bluehost review.
Overall, their last two years (24 months) performance has been excellent. It was clearly at the top with its uptime (99.99%) and a fast load time of 303ms (0.3 seconds).
Pros or Positive points about Bluehost
- Uptime – Uptime is one of the most significant aspects or viewpoints when choosing a web host – after all, if your website is down, then your users cannot access it. So consistently good uptime should be one of your top priorities. Bluehost has the best uptime of 99.99% throughout the Year.
After surveying 30 web hosts, our benchmark for “good” uptime is 99.93%. That might appear to be pretty high, but in reality, it is somewhat below average. Type those numbers into a calculator, and you’ll quickly observe it translates into at least 26 minutes of downtime each month or just over five hours over the course of a year. So preferably, we don’t see anything less than that.
The good news is that Bluehost easily surpasses this benchmark, comfortably keeping our test site live for 99.99% of the time during the last two years (2018-2020).
So here is the monthly breakdown of the past 12-months:
|April 2020 average uptime||100%|
|March 2020 average uptime||100%|
|February 2020 average uptime||100%|
|January 2020 average uptime||99.96%|
|December 2019 average uptime||99.99%|
|November 2019 average uptime||99.99%|
|October 2019 average uptime||100%|
|September 2019 average uptime||99.98%|
|August 2019 average uptime||100%|
|July 2019 average uptime||100%|
|June 2019 average uptime||99.99%|
|May 2019 average uptime||100%|
It concludes that Bluehost is one of the most reliable web hosting providers according to our uptime study for the last 12 months.
- Website Load Speed – last Year Google found that the majority of websites are way too slow. That is an issue for two significant reasons:-
- Google’s mobile-first index can either elevate or hide your site in user searches based on its loading speeds.
- Studies show that slow sites quite often convert into lower deals.
After uptime, your host’s page loading time is the second most important thing that can literally make or break your site’s success. So, the load speed for website success should be up to 303ms.
We have been monitoring Bluehost’s performance since February 2018 using a third-party tool. And once again, we were satisfied with the results — an average page loading speed of 303ms which places them as the 4th fastest site out of everybody that we have tested on.
- Low starting Pricing ($2.95/month) – On this price, you get pretty much everything you need for a single website. That includes 50 GB SSD storage, unmetered bandwidth, a free SSL certificate, and many more.
But, if you go and check out the starting prices, you will notice the lowest advertised price is $3.95/month. And that is a quite good deal considering that they have apparently reduced it already from $7.99/month originally. So you will get a pretty good value for your price, plus their consistent uptime and website loading speed.
$2.95/month is the lowest rate that we have seen anywhere online (and you can trust our team that has spent way too much time online as it is). So it’s a great deal if you’re in the market for a new affordable host.
- Security and Backup Options – Despite the fact that Bluehost is one of the “cheapest” options available in the market; we have been satisfied to see that they don’t compromise or hold back on basic highlights like security. It will provide a lot of good security options, of course, including the free SSL certificate for each plan like we mentioned before.
Good security options will prevent hackers from finding and using these personal details for phishing schemes to trick you or others into handing over sensitive information. Additionally, all of these plans also include domain privacy feature that will help keep the personal information you used to sign up for a domain private. Overall, this is a pretty decent security package to keep your site safe from hackers.
- Many Integrations, Apps, and web-based business Features – Beyond the included security features, Bluehost also provides access to the immense number of different applications and integrations so you can use the most popular services on the web. They have a domain manager if you would rather just purchase and manage multiple domains. You can set daily, weekly, or monthly backups.
You can install WordPress with a single click. You can also install other popular content management systems (CMS); run an e-commerce shop, and much more.
It will also include access to a Content Delivery Network (CDN). These host your images and large files, taking that work off your servers, give faster deliveries to users around the world, and keep your site quick at the same time.
Officially Recommended Host by WordPress.org
WordPress is the most widely used website platform in the market.
And they only officially recommend three hosting partners to use with a WordPress site:-
Obviously, you can use almost any web hosting provider to create a WordPress webpage. But the fact that Bluehost is one of the few officially recognized partners is encouraging.
- Is Bluehost easy to use? – The layout of Bluehost’s control panel (cPanel) makes it easy to use. You just need to point and click in most cases. Some of the web hosts in the market that we have seen are best only for advanced users and not for beginners. It also has features for advanced users, but beginners too can easily install and start-up WordPress. Or you can start with a template that you can customize by just dragging-and-dropping features.
- 30 Day’s trial and Money-Back Guarantee – Bluehost is no different. But they do offer you a 30-day money-back guarantee on their plans. Consider getting the best deal on web hosting usually means prepaying for a few months, a year, or several years at a time.
If you are not fully satisfied with the performance then you can ask them for a refund, you can try out the service to determine their performance for yourself.
We have a few words of caution, though. According to their terms and conditions, what does and doesn’t fall under that guarantee:-
- You can only get refunds on the web hosting cost, not any other products like domains or other add-ons.
- A $15.99 fee will be deducted if you received a free domain name in your plan.
- Any requests after 30 days will not be refunded.
Make sure that you are OK with the above-given points before sign up.
- Customer Help and Support – We tried out the live chat and Smith from Bluehost will get connected within two minutes. Bluehost will offer you everything from a knowledge base, to live chat, email ticket support, and even phone support. There may be slight delays in each reply, but Smith was extremely friendly and offered direct answers to each question. It is precisely what you want out of a host’s customer support.
- It offers you a wide range of web hosting options.
- Over 2,000,000 sites worldwide are hosted by Bluehost, so the company is obviously doing something right
- Easy to upgrade your plan to VPS or dedicated server without moving your website
- 99% uptime guarantee.
- Provides you with integrated Cloudflare support
- Quality Server
- Includes several security features such as unique IPs, SSL, & Site Lock protection
- Allows a 30-day (no questions asked) money-back-guarantee for all hosting plans
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- WordPress Panel
- Great track record
Cons or Negative points about Bluehost
Well, Bluehost’s performance was pretty well across the board. But, there are two significant areas, however, where the costs get a little steep.
- Renewal Rates are high – it is very common to have higher renewal rates in the Web Hosting Industry. The best way to get the lowest possible price for hosting is to pay in advance for the upcoming one, two, or even three years.
On the other hand, the monthly price is low, however on another side, you see, for advance payment or prepaying for the renewal of a longer period of time (between 12–36 months) implies that you are not just committing to a few dollars, but around a hundred dollars.
Something else to consider is the higher renewal rates after your introductory period terminates. In this situation, advance payment for an entire three years at $3.95 is a good deal because you are locking in that low rate for as long as possible.
However, at the end of that term, the rates will jump back up to their standard rates. These range from $7.99 – $8.99/month on the most fundamental shared plan depending on how long you have to prepay.
- Website Migrations Are Not Free – Most web hosts we have evaluated will move your existing website over to their service for free. They consider it as a friendly service that helps make new customers happy, so they’ll wave any fees. Unfortunately, Bluehost does not do for free migrations. They will charge you an onetime payment of $149.99 that includes the movement of up to five websites, 20 email accounts, and any other database files for these sites. However, the fact that you have to pay for it and spend so much is a big disadvantage to consider.
Bluehost Hosting Hidden cost
- SSL Certificates – All Bluehost hosting plans come along with a free Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate. If you don’t have an SSL security certificate, then the viewers will receive a warning that they are going to enter an unsecured website! It is essential for your site to have SSL security.
You do not have to pay anything for your SSL certificate; it is free of cost and comes along with your hosting plan. In the most basic version of SSL security, you will see “Let’s Encrypt SSL” at the time of plan breakdown. Still, you want a more advanced level of protection, so you can buy a premium SSL certificate.
You can do this through your Bluehost cPanel, and it will cost you at around $49.99/year. It’s worth knowing you’ll also need a dedicated IP address in order to purchase one of these premium certificates.
- CodeGuard Backups – It is a security and backup software that runs daily backups for your website. It will offer you a one-click restore option and store all copies of your backups across multiple secure locations. It is a specialized and very well-armed safety cover for your site.
CodeGuard is incorporated for free in certain plans, in which case you can sit back and enjoy, realizing your site is free from any potential harm. On the off chance that your feature doesn’t toss in this element for nothing, but you still want that sense of security, you’ll have to buy CodeGuard as an extra.
You can add CodeGuard basic to your plan at the time of the checkout process. It will cost you $2.99 per month and is added as a lump sum to your plan.
For example, if you’ve chosen a plan of 1 year (12 mo.) subscription, then a cost of $35.88 will be added to your Bluehost hosting bill.
- Extra Features: Refund Policy – You can try your Bluehost hosting plans risk-free that come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you’re not 100% satisfied, you can get your money back!
You should know that this guarantee will not be applicable to your domain name. So, if your hosting plan includes a free domain name, and you cancel your plan within 30 days, you can still get your money back – but Bluehost will subtract the domain fee of $15.99.
This fee serves two main purposes:
- Firstly, It will cover Bluehost’s costs
- And it also means that you won’t lose your domain name and feel free to transfer it anywhere else.
- Office 365 – Bluehost plans often include a 30 day free trial of Office 365. But what happens after 30 days is it free or not?
After a little bit of searching, we found that there are three plans for Office 365, for which you can either pay monthly or annually.
|Terms||Email Essentials||Business Plus||Business Pro|
- Checkout Extras – Firstly, when you select a plan, you will be redirected to the checkout page. On this page, you can select the contract or plan as per your choice, then enter your details and create an account to get started. On this page, you can also review your package plan information and add some extras to it.
Note: Take your time and go through this page carefully. Bluehost is a little sneaky when it comes to adding on the package extras, and automatically tick some of the boxes for you. If you rush through this page, you might miss those extras and end up with a larger bill than you were expecting.
Start reviewing the Package Information section. You’ll notice that Bluehost hosting has automatically set your contract to 3 years (36 months) – this gives you the lowest price, but if you don’t want a contract that long, you can change it by using the dropdown list.
The smallest subscription plan length is 12 months – in that case, that will raise the price up to $4.95/month. Your contract is billed upfront, rather than monthly, which is another area that sometimes surprises users.
In this example, Bluehost has already checked three out of five of these extras:
Make sure you have already un-tick the features that you don’t want in your plan and don’t need to pay for it.
The benefit of having this Bluehost Extras and Add-ons section is that you can modify your hosting plan that suits your definite needs. You can choose the cheapest shared hosting plan, but then additionally you can do domain privacy on top if you need it.
At last, read the disclaimer and any terms and conditions before confirming for the payment. One of the important things to make a note of is that your hosting subscription will automatically get renewed unless you cancel it– this renewal will be for the same length as your original contract, but it’ll renew at the regular rate rather than the discounted price.
Note: take your time and go through this page carefully. And also make sure that you have read all the terms and conditions – Bluehost makes them easy to find, so try to go over them thoroughly before continuing with the payment section.
Here is the list of some common extras you’ll find at the time of checkout:-
- Domain privacy & protection: $0.99 per month (billed annually at $11.88 per year)
- SiteLock Security – Find: $1.99 per month (billed annually at $23.88 per year)
- CodeGuard Basic: $2.99 per month (billed to the end of hosting term; $35.88 per year)
- Bluehost SEO Tools Start: $1.99 per month (billed annually at $23.88 per year)
- 1 Office 365 Mailbox: 30-day free trial
Domains – Your domain is the name or identity of your website. Bluehost will provide you with a free domain for one year, depending on which hosting plan you are going to select. Once those 12 months are up, your domain will renew at the regular rate.
Bluehost makes it easy for you to buy your own domain name. You can buy your domain directly from Bluehost. Here’s a list of the most common TLDs and their prices:
- .com – $11.99 per year
- .org – $8.99 per year
- .net – $12.99 per year
- .tech – $4.99 per year
- .co – $9.99 per year
- .website – $11.99 per year
How to know which Bluehost shared hosting package is best for you?
- If you want to create only one website, you should buy or purchase the basic package.
- If you intend to host multiple sites, go with the plus package.
- If your needs guard & website backup pro, you should go for the choice plus package.
My suggestion for most of the users would be the plus package as it offers all that you need and is a complete value for money. (Unless you are a business user in need of the dedicated IP and SSL).
In-built caching feature
Another forefront feature of Bluehost is the inbuilt caching feature. With Bluehost hosting, you don’t have to use any outsider catching like WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache. Likewise, contingent upon the sort of site that you have, you can design the degree of catching.
All of Bluehost’s hosting plans come with a free domain.
Bluehost Plans and Pricing
You can get Bluehost for as low as $2.95 if you pick up the basic package for 3 years term. Along with you will also be getting one free domain, which will help you to save even more penny.
|Best For||Not For||Cheapest Price/month|
|Shared Hosting||- New websites getting off the ground|
- Small, static blogs or brochure sites
- Sites with very low traffic
- Anyone on a tight budget
|- Sites with growing levels of traffic|
- Ecommerce sites
- Interactive or complex sites
- Sites with large media files
|Shared WordPress||- Small-scale WordPress sites|
- WordPress users getting started online, or on a tight budget
|- Non-WordPress websites|
- Large, complex WordPress sites
- Traffic-heavy WordPress sites
|WooCommerce||- Online stores|
- WordPress users building with WooCommerce
- Beginners and pro sellers alike
|- Non-ecommerce sites|
- Mega-sized online stores
- Anyone not building with WooCommerce
|VPS||- Most “regular” sized websites|
- Better security, performance, and features than shared hosting
- Growing and/or professional websites
|- Anyone with WordPress specific needs|
- Users with extremely tight budgets
- Total tech beginners
|Managed WordPress (Pro)||- Professional WordPress sites|
- WordPress users with big goals for their website
- Those wanting improved performance, convenience, and features over shared WordPress hosting
|- Non-WordPress websites|
- Beginner WordPress users looking to keep things small
|Dedicated||- High traffic, humongous websites|
- Large online stores with enormous revenue
- Users who need ultimate control, security, and performance for their website
|- Small, low traffic websites|
- Anyone trying to keep costs low
- Technical beginners or hosting newbies
1. Bluehost Cost Per Month?
It depends upon the plan you choose; it could cost you from $2.95/mo. To $4.95/mo. Since Bluehost introductory price is applicable only on the first term, you should get hosting for at least 2-3 years (24-36 months) term to make most out of this special PricingPricing.
2. Monthly payment options for hosting?
Bluehost only offers the following terms for hosting purchase:
- 12 months
- 24 months
- 36 months
- 60 months
3. Alternatives for Bluehost?
Bluehost is a good quality and trustworthy web hosting provider, yet, some of the good Bluehost alternatives are:-
4. Can I Start with Shared Hosting?
Yes, you can start with shared hosting. Shared Hosting Basic package started with 50 Gb SSD Space with Unmetered Bandwidth. Bluehost also provides a free SSL Certificate with 25 subdomains and 5 Parked Domains, Which is Sufficient for Mostly type of Business Module.
Price: $2.95/month Rating: 4.9 – 1865 votes
5. Bluehost Ratings comparing to others?
Bluehost – 75% SCORE
Do we recommend Bluehost?
Yes, we do recommend because Bluehost has positioned at or near to the top for both uptime and loading time for over a year. Along with this they also offer you a reliable and strong security backup, and a 30-day money-back guarantee and lots of user-friendly applications and all for one of the lowest rates in the hosting industry ($2.95/month).
Bluehost Coupons, Discounts & Deals
Bluehost is one of the oldest web hosts around, and it has become the largest brand name when it comes to shared and WordPress hosting. They are an official “recommended by WordPress” hosting provider (one of only three). Here you can take advantage of our special Bluehost Coupon that saves you up to 66% off hosting plans.
Review of Bluehost Shared Hosting
They’re not great, though. Hosting renewal rates will increase after the introductory Pricing ends. Additionally, they charge extra for site migrations, which other hosts do it for free that helps them to make new customers happy.
But overall, Bluehost delivers strong performance and good worth.
Bluehost Review on TWITTER
We monitor all tweets about Bluehost and apply opinion examination to group tweets as positive or negative. This permits us to output an approval rating score, which depends on genuine users, positive and negative, opinions about Bluehost on Twitter. Bluehost approval rating score is 75%. This is based on a sum of 1865 tweets that mention Bluehost on their Twitter. There are 1125 mentions that share a favorable opinion and 718 mentions that express a contrary view.