Want to know what is WordPress? how to install WordPress and Why You Should Use WordPress for Your website, Complete tutorial with Useful themes, and plugins.
WordPress is known as the most well-known web designer in the world. According to our survey, it powers over 35% of all sites on the web. It is very easy to install which makes it easy for anyone to create a website. Read the complete WordPress tutorial, Installing WordPress is a straightforward procedure that takes less than five minutes to finish installing process.
What is WordPress? Complete WordPress Tutorial
WordPress is a web publishing software you can use to create your own website or blog. It is very easy and flexible enough to make different types of websites. That’s the main reason why WordPress has grown so much in popularity. Since it was released in 2003, WordPress has become one of the most well-known web publishing platforms.
Most of the people think that it is just a blogging platform. Yet, WordPress has started as a blogging tool, and then it has evolved throughout the years into a powerful website builder and a content management system (CMS).
It also empowers you to construct and deal with your own full-featured site utilizing only your web browser. If you have used a content tool like Microsoft Word, then you will be comfortable with the WordPress Editor.
It is free software. And it means that you are free to use and modify your site from this software to match your requirements. You can use this software to create any kind of site. While the software is free, you only need a domain name and web hosting to set up.
A domain name is the address of your site on the internet. This is the thing that your clients type in their browser’s address bar to access your site (for example, wpuser.com).
Reasons – Why You Should Use WordPress for Your Website?
- Free for everyone
- SEO Friendly
- Safe and Secure
- Easily to Customize Plug-ins
- The huge number of Themes
- Easy to Manage
Types of WordPress Sites
Here are some of the examples of the types of WordPress websites that you can make with WordPress.org are:-
- E-commerce site – This E-commerce site will allow you to sell the goods or services online and get your payment via an online system. You can download and install this plugin to extend the default functionality so you can also have an online store on your WordPress site.
- Business site – Many businesses get lots of benefit from having an online form of their own site. From this type of site, Customers can contact you, ask for a quote, schedule an appointment, and much more. And if your business also needs a site for clients to tell them about your organization and what you have to offer. Then having a site is an excellent option for you.
- Blog – A blog is a special type of website dedicated to sharing your thoughts, ideas, passion, tutorials, and many more. Blogs will display the most recently-published content first. Through you can follow your passion and also earn money and you can be your own boss of time and money.
- E-learning site – online learning and online courses for the students, with the aim to track their growth from an e-learning website. You can offer online courses from a WordPress site with a special kind of plugin called a WordPress LMS plugin.
- Portfolio site – you can just show off your designs, drawings, paintings, artwork, design skills, and much more with a portfolio site on WordPress.
- Event site – if you are going host and event, a big event, or a blockbuster event then WordPress will make it easier for you to share your event details online and sell tickets of that particular event and earn money.
How does WordPress Work?
To begin with WordPress, firstly select one of the Managed WordPress hosting companies (example, Bluehost, SiteGround, and more) who pre-install the WordPress programming for you. These hosts likewise keep an eye and maintain your WordPress site 24/7, so you can concentrate on making content and reach your viewers with no worry. On the off chance, you can also download the WordPress programming itself from WordPress.org, and afterward install and set up it on your web server.
In this whole content about WordPress, when we say WordPress, it means that we are talking about WordPress.org also known as self-hosted WordPress. Just to make that please don’t get confused between these two – WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
WordPress.com and WordPress.org
If you are a beginner person or new to this software then you may get confused between WordPress.com and WordPress.org. To clear this up, let’s get started with what WordPress is. WordPress is an open-source software package and is free to use. Anyone can use this software around the world.
- org is the central location for the WordPress software project.
- WordPress.com is a hosting service that offers websites that are running on WordPress. You can log in for a free account and work on your website.
Things You Need To Do Before Installing WordPress
- first thing you need before installing WordPress is a domain name and a good web hosting company with WordPress.
- We highly recommend you use the best web host because they will provide you a free CDN, SSL, Unlimited Bandwidth, Daily Backup, and many more…
How to Install WordPress?
All best web hosting organizations permit you to install WordPress. They usually come along with WordPress in their package and the installation process will take less than 5 min. to get started with the software.
Apart from this, we will also give you some tips on things to do before and after installing WordPress.
Now Get Started with the WordPress Installing Process
Firstly you have to buy a web hosting, Domain Name with which you can get an Auto WordPress installer.
We recommend you to go with the Siteground Web Hosting, Want to know the Reason?
Check some real facts before making a decision. First See Some Speed Performance
Before Siteground my site speed, performance not good due to slow server response.
After Migrate my website to Siteground Hosting. I Got Amazing Response, Website Load time is Awesome!
The best thing with Siteground Web Hosting is that It will cost you only $6.99/month.
It is a good choice because it offers everything you need in a host.
Some of the features it offers you:-
- Free CDN and SSL certificates
- 30 – days money-back guarantee
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage
- Live chat support
- Easy to use cPanel
- Unlimited Database
- Free Email ID & Daily Backup
Still, Confused? Don’t Worry Check Out Our Siteground Review with all Pros & Cons
Now the Next Step, How do you Get Siteground Hosting?
Follow the given steps to buy Siteground Hosting
Go to Siteground
Choose the StartUp Plan if you want to start one blog or Select GrowBig Plan if you want to run multiple blogs.
On the next step, you can book your domain name. Enter your domain name and click on proceed button, If you have already domain name then select the second option “I already have a domain”
Now pay attention to this page, fill up your contact details and you can also unmark or skip a few things like Domain Privacy & SG Site Scanner to save more money.
Now you have done with the procedure of buying a Siteground Web Host.
Now Install WordPress with Siteground Hosting
Sign in to your Siteground account, and set up your website. Now Select Install New WordPress
Now Select WordPress Directory, where u want to install WordPress after that create your wp-admin access with username and password. Now click on Install
Hurry, WordPress Install Successfully on Siteground hosting. Now there are two buttons one is Admin Panel From there you can redirect to WordPress dashboard and second one View Site, just click and visit your website.
Another option is, Manage Installations, Just Click on the Action icon and you see some Quick customization Wizard. You can select a theme and some useful plugin from there or if you want to set up from scratch then just exit this wizard.
Congrats! Your site is Ready! Now Click on Dashboard to start design your website.
Now the next step is selecting a theme. Make your website presentable and eye-cache for your viewers.
Select a WordPress Theme according to your blog type
Congratulations! Your WordPress is now installed and running!
Things to do After Installing WordPress
- Choosing a Theme – The visual appearance of your WordPress powered site is constrained by Themes. There are a huge number of WordPress themes offered for you to look over. With such a large number of choices and it may be a little confusing for the beginners. Choosing a good theme is tough but selecting the perfect theme makes your website looks good and presentable.
- Installing and Using WordPress Plug-ins – WordPress comes along with the massive collection of plug-ins. They are like apps for your WordPress site, allowing you to add new features to your website. It comes from a huge collection of plug-ins. There are more than 54,000 free plug-ins available.
- Learn about WordPress – Millions of people from all over the world use WordPress every day. It is the simplest and easiest software to use CMS.
What is WordPress Themes and Plugins
After installing WordPress you all are thinking about those two new terms which is WordPress Plugins and Themes? And you also know that these two are very important points when you are going to post a blog. Now let’s get started with the first important term i.e.
What is WordPress Plugin?
WordPress Plugins will help you to expand the functionality of your website and WordPress.org comes along with the massive collection of Plugins. They are like apps for your WordPress site, allowing you to add new features to your website. It comes from a huge collection of Plugins. There are 55,000+ Plugins are currently available. It will take your blogging to the next level in 2020.
Look at some of the following factors that you must see while searching for the plugin:-
- Whether the particular features, as well as usefulness of the Plugins, matches what you’re hoping to accomplish.
- The price and costing plan options are available.
- How recently the Plugins have been updated.
See customer reviews, ratings, and overall popularity.
Must-Have these WordPress Plugins for your WordPress Sites, it will help you a lot with your blogging:-
- Yoast SEO – One of the best Plugin used by lots of people and also loved by lots of users like this plugin Yoast SEO is used by everyone who has a blog or site on WordPress. It can be hard to find websites that DON’T have Yoast SEO installed. It is very helpful for you to improve the overall SEO score of your blogs.
- MonsterInsights – It is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It allows you to connect your website with Google Analytics, so you can see exactly how people find and use your website. So you can use this for your site to increase your audience, subscribers, and revenue you are earning from the blog.
- All in One SEO Pack – How does this All in One SEO plugin will help you as a beginner in blogging? It will offer an XML sitemap, Google Analytics, and Google AMP support. A tremendous feature of this tool is that it provides you SEO integration for e-commerce websites.
Who can use All in One SEO Pack? If you are hosting a personal blog that you want to grow, or you’re a professional blogger, then this plugin will be a help to your blogging profession.
- Contact Form 7 – The next most popular plugin, which also helps you to create simple and valuable contact forms for your blog viewers. It can handle multiple contact forms on the same website and help you to customize the styling that you want to use in the form. The plugin also provides you CAPTCHA code and Ajax submitting.
- WPForms – Every site needs a contact form because it makes it easy for your audience to get in touch with you. It is a user-friendly contact form plugin for WordPress.
This WPForms will allow you to easily create the contact forms, online order forms, payment forms, and also do surveys, polls, and basically all other types of online forms with just a few clicks.
What is WordPress Theme?
The visual appearance of your WordPress powered site is based on the Themes. There are a huge number of WordPress themes offered for you to look over. With such a large number of choices and it may be little confusing. But most of the WordPress themes provide features that you have to look when selecting a theme for your Website are:-
- Styles your blog posts
- Font styles
- Color scheme
- Page templates
- The overall design of your site
Some additional stylish details
If you are a WordPress beginner then these are some of the best free WordPress themes available in the market:-
- Neve – it is perfect for all types of startups, blogs, small businesses, and most types of projects. It is a great theme in the list of free WordPress themes in the market. This theme is like a lucky charm for your website and it looks good on all devices with its fully responsive design.
- Astra – It is a theme that can be customized easily and lets you build a website the way you want your site to be. There are lots of demos, which you can apply on your blog with just one click and then you can customize the look per your choice.
- OceanWP – It is perfect for travel projects. It highly extensible and a trivial theme, it will enable you to create almost any type of site with a beautiful and professional design.
- Customify – It is a fast and very lightweight theme that super flexible and responsive theme built with speed and SEO.
From this theme, you can build any type of site like for any business, shop, education blog, restaurant, and so on.
- Sydney – It is a very powerful theme for business and freelancers from which you can get an awesome online presentation through their blogs and attract lots of audiences.
It will bring lots of customization possibilities like access to all Google Fonts, layout control, full-color control, logo upload, header image, full-screen slider, sticky navigation, and many more.
Review on WordPress
If you’re looking for a software that makes it easy for you to make your own site or blog without any hectic work or learning how to code and no other software makes it this easy. And, you got to know that WordPress is unbelievably flexible, it came with thousands of themes and plug-ins with support options to ensure that your website will continue to grow with you in the future.